Friday, October 10, 2008

Ed

This is Ed (see last post) in his after-but-not-done-yet shot. Doesn't he look amazing compared to the bike picture? It can be done!

Last night, I had a close call with a deer. And by close, I mean I could see the features of his deer face charging at me. I had to go pick up bf at a shop on this little two-lane highway through the country. As I started driving I said, please God don't let me hit a deer. And no sooner had I said that then out of the corner of my eye, I saw this deer charging right at me, it's stupid blank eyes not seeing my car (a Mazda Tribute, fairly new, after a drunk driver totaled by ten-year-old Jeep in March). I braked (thinking, the slower I'm going, the lesser the damage) and braced myself for impact ... but miraculously, it ended up going behind me.

I need to start going to church.

Weightloss

Breakfast: elephant ear bread from the panaderia (I have no idea how many points this is but we'll go with my usual breakfast points) (7) and grapes (1) = 8

Lunch: Lean Pocket Mexican Fajita (7), apple (1), orange (1), granola bar (2) = 11

Dinner: Not sure yet but it's got to be something light considering I weigh in tomorrow. Maybe just a piece of bread (I effin love the elephant ear bread, irresistable).

My exercise for the day is going to be giving the apartment a serious scrub down. It's gotten to the point where I cringe just walking in. Dishes piled up in the sink. BF's hair stubble all over the bathroom counter. Dog hair lining the bedroom floor. Clean laundry crumpled up on the vanity waiting to be folded. Ugh. Blegh. Gah. And I am not even exaggerating.

Other News
BF and I are considering the M word - that's right, marriage. I'm not the kind of girl who has ever dreamed of a romantic proposal or a giant wedding, which I guess is good because BF is not exactly the get-down-on-one-knee kind of guy. A few years ago he gave me this cz ring in a real silver setting that I wear on a daily basis, but when people ask, I just tell them it's reserving a spot. So while I may not need the romance, I have become obsessed with wedding ring sets. I figure I'm saving him loads of money on a wedding, the least he can do is spend a couple (few) (several) hundred on some rings. Whenever we go anywhere, I drag him over to the jewelry cases and force him to tell me what he likes. Good boyfriend that he is, he likes whatever I tell him to :) .

So anyway, we're thinking about doing this in February, and then embarking on the journey to starting a family. It's crazy to think of myself as an adult. CRAZY! Is that a sign that I'm not ready? Or perhaps a sign that I need to move on in life and start this next phase. *sigh* Adulthood, here we come.

Cassidy

No comments: