Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It Is Easy Being Green

Top, Banana Republic sale; Pants, NY & CO; faux snakeskin pumps, Payless; green headband, Wal-Mart.

To know why I'm doing this, you have to know where I'm coming from - or more importantly, how far I've come. In December 2007, when I realized that I did in fact want children someday and that in my state I physically wouldn't be able to, I embarked on a weightloss journey. Since then, I have reduced my weight by 55 pounds - and while I am nowhere close to completing my journey yet, it is important for me to remember that I can look good doing it.

This look yesterday was a real turning point for me. I bought these pants two or more years ago and never fit into them. When I say never, I mean, they didn't come up past my thighs. They were my "hope" pants, and now they fit me.

My new source of "hope" comes from the fact that bf has promised me a trip to Disney World once I'm down 30 more pounds. Time to whip it into shape!
Cassidy

P.S. I hate to do this to you, but here is a before picture, taken in May, 2007, so you can truly understand. I think this picture can best be summed up by the gun that appears to be pointing at my head and my face that reads, "Hurry up and put me out of my misery..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

Inspirational first post - the bit about looking good while you lose weight really hit home. I'm trying to lose a few pounds at the gym myself right now.

I'll be tracking your progress on here with great interest over the next few months!

Good luck!