Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bring Head to Desk...

and Bang Repeatedly.

I need a new job, a new body, and a new attitude.

Worked my butt of last week *literally* and only lost .6 of a pound. I know - oh that's great, better than gaining. But truly - considering it only took me six months to lose fifty pounds and has now taken me three months to lose five pounds, it's kind of unfair.

But c'est la vie. We shall persevere.

I am also hunting for new employment. One that's closer to home (within bus-riding distance) and that has benefits. Not to say this job doesn't have benefits - cute clients and the ability to blog-while-allegedly-working, but I mean benefits like health insurance and a 401k.

I would also like a job where contact with people can be limited. Especially Brazilian people who speak to me in Spanugese and get offended when I don't understand anything but "voce" and "hoje" and only then because I took a couple years of Portugese in college. Gah!

* * *

Completely unrelated - I feel like a twat and I can't put my finger on why. I went to the BodyPump class at the gym last night and the instructor is this supercute hair stylist lady. Now, when I go to the gym, I go alone, and I do not go to make friends. So I don't really talk to anyone. At the beginning of class, she was talking about keeping the 'belly in' for back support while lifting and she said, "But it's hard for us pregnant people to keep the belly in!" Now, this is the first I've heard of her being pregnant, and considering that I am now developing a huge case of baby fever, I was thrilled for her. So after class I was walking by her and on a whim that is completely unlike me, I congratulated her.

Only later did I start to think - do pregnant women want to be congratulated? I should have just continued to mind my own business and hid in the corner. At least next Monday is Labor Day so she won't be there, but the irony of it being LABOR day is not lost on me.

Until next time!

Cassidy

No comments: