Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Too Much Information

Let me preface this by saying that I love my dogs. Granted, I want to strangle them on a daily basis - but generally, I love them very much. But this morning, I woke up to find that they had stolen the rest of the pizza off of the counter and had a feast last night. But this is not the worst. Earlier this week, I came home to find that they had eaten - scratch that - completely DEVOURED - a puzzle that I had been working on. I kid you not - there were not even remains. These are adult dogs. Adult dogs that are well-fed, housetrained, and loved. Who can understand? Not I.

Consequentially, I have been in a fairly poor mood lately - and thus, my wardrobe has suffered. Today is better than yesterday, but still nothing to blog about. I will, however, blog about my weightloss efforts, or lack thereof. In short - I had Golden Corral for lunch yesterday. Really - who can go to a buffet and eat just one plate? Especially a buffet like Golden Corral. Mmm. Regardless, bad decisions have their consequences, and I have gained two pounds since yesterday. Question - does this happen to normal/skinny people? Do they gain and lose significant amounts of weight in one day? Or is this just a fat person/dieting person thing? Will I suffer with this the rest of my life? (I can answer that one.) I did go to the gym to try to make up for it, so perhaps I would have otherwise gained three pounds. It's the little things, right?

Also weightloss related but perhaps entirely too much information - I am sick and tired of my period. Let me back up some. Last year, when I had health insurance and could go to the doctor and was 55+ pounds heavier, my doctor told me that I probably had PCOS and would not be able to have children unless I lost weight. So I started losing weight in December and in February had my first natural cycle in years (no joke). I was elated - I felt like a woman! I was in tune with nature and with my body! I was cramping and I loved it. But now, after seven consecutive months of this, the thrill has worn off. I'm tired of my skin breaking out for two weeks every month, I'm tired of the cramps and back pain and bloating and weight gain. But of course, now I don't have health insurance and cannot possibly afford birth control pills to make it all go away. One can only be thankful for something like this for so long.

So as not to end on that note, let's change the subject, shall we?

I am an aspiring writer - always have been. No really. Before I could read I would make up my own stories to go with picture books (Peter Pan was one of my favorites). Of course, when I graduated from college with my BA in English Literature, I thought, the whole world is waiting for me. Then I couldn't get a job. ANYWHERE. So I ended up working as a paralegal in a city two towns over from where I actually live. So writing has taken a back seat to actually earning money and surviving. This is terribly upsetting to me. So my new resolution for this week is to write everyday. And not one or two sentences - but to actually make headway on novels that I started years ago, back in my Young Adult Lit classes. Even if I have to make that time during the day when I'm supposed to be otherwise occupied by my job. My job now is to take care of me and my dreams, or they will never become a reality.

Talk about inspiring, yes?

Cassidy

No comments: