Saturday, August 16, 2008

Time to Go Shopping

Top, Banana Republic; Jean capris, Mossimo; flower flats, Xhileration; blue ring, flea market; beads, thrifted.

This is the first summer since I was a child that I have dared to go bare-armed. This is, of course, fully accredited to the fact that I have lost enough weight to put me at my high school weight (yes, I was this big in high school). But I really love this shirt and the detailing at the neck. I also have a new obsession with wrap-around beads like these. Before the day is over, I'll probably have changed the number of wraps more times than I can count.
And these shoes! They're amazingly comfortable and because of the flower print, you can really pair them with anything.

I just want to clear something up, just in case anyone actually reads this blog. I never claimed to be fashionable. I have only a vague idea as far as trends go (I believe ballet flats, bows and ruffles, and nautical were this summer, yes? And lots of tartan coming in the fall?). I own clothes that are years and years old (example - the capris jeans pictured here). I'm really just a creature of comfort trying to step out of my rut of t-shirts and jeans and ponytails (a problem which I have eliminated with my haircut). That said...

I weighed in today and found myself back at the same place I was at two weeks ago. I'm not going to get discouraged. I mean, I lost 50 pounds in six months, right? It only stands to reason that I would hit a roadbump. I just didn't realize the roadbump would mean 2 months to lose five pounds. Argh.

I went to workout right after weighing in. I did two hours at the gym - first a BodyPump class followed immediately by a BodyJam class. And then I got home and weighed myself and I was 1.5 pounds lighter than I had been at WI. Oh, the injustice (even if it is just water weight).

Cassidy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey chick - don't be discouraged, muscle weighs far more than fat anyway, and if you're doing two classes in a row - well, let's just say you're working them muscles!

I know a lot of bloggers write about fashion stuff, but a lot are also just out there wearing exactly what they love. My most worn shrug is one I've had since high school, as are my favourite winter boots. I don't know about other bloggers, but for me putting myself out there is a way to develop my own confidence.

Love the top you wore yesterday btw.