Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Naked Skirt

Black button-up sleeveless top, Wal-Mart; belt and skirt, thrifted; gold and pink almost-flats, Payless; neckless, Guess (thrifted).

This skirt is a very lightweight cotton and is shorter than I am typically okay with. But it's super comfortable. In a moment of fear before I walked out the door, I did end up throwing on black cropped leggings.









Those of you who are SATC fanatics may recognize in my title the reference to Carrie's naked dress. Disclaimer: I am in no way attempting to compare myself or this cheap little skirt to SJP or SATC. And worship the show though I do, I have yet to see the movie. The flea market guys are already offering up a hot DVD of it, but I am waiting out for the real thing, at which time I will gladly curl up on my couch with some health-conscious pop corn and, yes, a cosmopolitan.
In other news -

Weightloss
I am pretty sure it's that special time of the month, because my weight shot up inexplicably. I am trying to talk myself into sucking it up and going to weighin this weekend anyway, but I do believe I will declare myself chicken shit and not go.

Working
I got a very, very parttime job working as a cashier at a Mexican joint downtown - very hip (the place, not the job). I am only doing Saturdays from 10-6, and only then because I get to work with bf's sister. Truth is, I haven't even gone in the restaurant since maybe sophomore year, and even then, I really didn't like the food. So - we will see. My first day is this weekend, hopefully I can remember where the front door is.

Writing
I am proud of myself for having buckled down this week. I'm going to try to go for quantity, not quality (kind of the theory behind NaNoWriMo) and just get something done.

Cassidy

No comments: