Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Poor Lighting

Top, Cato (thrifted); belt, H&M (thrifted); trousers, Ross; black pumps, Isaac Mizrahi (Target); earrings, Target.

In spite of the bad lighting and my unfortunate after-work hair and make-up, I am posting this outfit because I really liked it. I'm new to the world of having-a-waist so it's always exciting to remember that I can use it. Also, I made a small attempt at pattern mixing. The top has white polka dots (as do the earrings) and the belt is black and white checks. I just thought it was fun.

I never particularly thought of myself as a tall person, but apparently I am, because all pants are super short on me. I look like I'm preparing for a flood, which would have been more appropriate this past weekend when we got a good downpour from tropical storm Hanna.



Weightloss
I fell off of the bandwagon - and rolled around for a while - but am finally trying to hitch a ride back on. I'm still lingering at the 50-55 pounds lost mark, but I hope to say goodbye to it - and sixty pounds - this month.

Writing
I don't know how it is that people actually finish writing a novel. I am so intimidated by the thought that I can't even fathom it. But I find that by working diligently, I am making more and more progress. A couple of pages a day and eventually it will be over, right?

So here's to writing, eating well, and not falling asleep at work.

Cassidy

No comments: