Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hasta la Vista

UNC Class of 2007 T-shirt; leggings, Wal-Mart; sunnies, Fossil; shoes (not pictured), Nike (on sale at Kohl's).

Since I'm not wearing anything of interest today (or this week, for that matter), I thought I'd grace you with a lovely picture of my gym duds (sans shoes) from last night in honor of the long-awaited premiere of Biggest Loser: Families. I am super-psyched.

In other news, I started the part-time cashier thing on Saturday and was miserable. The manager only showed up in the morning and kind of showed me how to work the register and then left. I am the kind of person that likes to be shown stuff. I wanted him to show me, not tell me. Some people learn by listening, some by doing. I learn by example. No matter! He left me for the whole day (thank GOD bf's sister was there or I would have curled up into a fetal position underneath the counter, no doubt) with promises that he'd come back at 5:00 to show me how to cash out. He came back at about 5:40 and was seriously hammered. Within a couple of feet of him, I could smell beer. And so he was counting out the cash and came up about $15 short. When I pointed out that he didn't count the change and that he should let me doublecheck since it's my reputation on the line, he said no and told me I could go home. I left feeling like a chastized dog. Not how one wants to feel after your first day on the job.

Because I'm not a quitter, I'm going to give it another go this weekend, but if it still sucks, well, adios amigos.

Cassidy

No comments: