Monday, September 8, 2008

Puppy Love


So for a "fashion and weightloss" blogger, I find myself to be quite the failure. Again, yet another post that has to do with neither topics, but rather with my animals, for whom I am feeling particularly affectionate today. Introductions? Yes. The light brown lady on the very left is my Ruby, flyball dog extraordinaire. Beside her is my Bear, swimming champion. Behind them is my brother's girl Marley, frisbee dog with a curly-q tail like no other. The wiry animal is Ziggy, a boxerdoodle (I kid you not). Finally, the giant lab is Jake, who has recently lost forty pounds (see his little tiny waist!). The last two both belong to my parents, although perhaps mostly to my mother, since my dad, after the death of our last dog, declared himself happy to be an empty-nester and didn't want anything to take care of except himself and some coy in his pond. Now, of course, they have my brother's dog and the two on the right, and a cat who won't leave them alone.

Why do I love my dogs? Let me count the ways:
1) They are smart enough to hide under the bed when bf and I get into a major row;
2) They are brave enough to poke their heads out and come comfort me (only after I've thrown bf's keys against the door jam, shattering his car's remote into a million itty bitty pieces);
3) They are always excited and willing to get into the car with me and go wherever I take them - no fuss, just happy butts;
4) I don't have to convince them to spend time with me;
5) Even if I smack them around or yell at them, they're always first to say they're sorry (in their own doggy way with a happily beating tail and hot breath);
6) They are first to jump into the front seat as we stalk bf or ex-bf, as the mood strikes;
7) They do not judge me for stalking either one;
8) They do not call me a crazy bitch for thinking that bf is cheating on me or that I should have stayed with ex-bf, who ultimately used me and stole from me (but things always look brighter when something else looks dim, yes?);
9) It's like it says in Shiloh: "Funny thing is, you’ve got yourself a dog, you sometimes feel like you don’t need anyone else. Nobody else loves you as much as a dog. Except your ma, maybe."

They really do help to take the sting out of things and put other things into perspective. And they don't even know it. All they're doing is being natural.

If only everything were that easy.

Cassidy

No comments: